Monday, April 12, 2010

Picture perfect! Our day with Lori Fusaro (and her friend Loretta)

It takes a special brand of dog lover to capture the essence of a dog's individual personality inside of a twenty minute photo shoot, and Los Angeles photographer Lori Fusaro showed us how it's done during her recent photo shoot in Oakland.

It was a long, tiring and fantastic day and every single dog was treated like a super star. She rolled around on the ground with the dogs, laughed, teased and tickled them into giving up some magical moments now caught on film. Every BR supporter who scored a hard-to-get photo session walked away saying, "Wow," and now we're all loving the results of the day. Check out this slideshow with Lori's FAVORITE PICKS Be prepared to get the song stuck in your head all. day. long.

Lori's work is sublime. I've been lucky enough to see all the proofs and can't wait to string some of them out here over upcoming days/weeks for all to oogle. Two of my favorites are of Loretta (below). She's one of the dogs that was seized in the Oakland scumbag breeder raid. Just lookit that face ...



Loretta is another one of those anomaly dogs: She's covered head to toe in fight scars, but instead of throwing down, she seems to go out of her way to play bow and wag at fellow dogs. The kicker was when her foster mom reported that she went into play bow for some stuffed animals that were displayed inside dog crates at the pet store. Okay - that's kookie, but we'll take it!

This little girl is so well adjusted that we figure she's going to go move out of her 'get-to-know-you' evaluation period and go up for adoption as soon as she's spayed. If you're shopping for a new love, you would be so wrong to pass this girl up. She's the reason we all love pit bulls so very much.



Speaking of crates, we want to thank Pet Food Express for donating enough for each of the bust dogs we took in from the Oakland case. Thanks guys! ... and thanks again to Lori for your brilliant vision.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

If so many things in my life were different right now... I would take her in a hot minute. She's gorgeous! <3 Good work, BR.

J.M. said...

Beautiful slideshow.I had a favorite until I saw the 2nd shot and the 3rd and the 4th shot and.....
They`re just all so gorgeous.

Kristin said...

Wow, the pictures are adorable! And I think I've found my new theme song!

havetailwillwag said...

gorgeous photos!!!

Anonymous said...

That was a fabulous way to start my Tuesday. Now I'm going to be dancing in the hallways at work. I already get strange looks, so I'll add to the mystique.

Leila

Anonymous said...

Those photos are just stunning. Thanks for letting me start the day with a smile. Did I see Frieda in those photos? She looks great!
Krista

Anonymous said...

I just love miss Loretta. Has she been tested with cats?
Lisa

Pip said...

Loretta is such a beautiful girl! She has such soulful eyes. It amazes me how loving dogs can remain, despite having bad stuff thrown at them.

scargosun said...

Amazing pics of those wonderful dogs. Loretta looks like she can't wait to be someones bestie. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, what a great post. Thanks Donna! I loved the entire day. I loved Loretta too. (so did the husband...Hmmmm....)

And it was posted on my b-day. :) Did you know that?

:) LORI

Connie, Orlando said...

What wonderful pics. My face hurts from smiling along with those darling dogs. The range of emotions on their faces, the expressions, the sheer joy. Simply WOW!

Unknown said...

We are SOOOO jealous we do not live out there! We would pay good money for pictures like that of our pups!! They are absolutely beautiful!

Did I happen to see the little Tyson whom I fell in love with via your site from a year or two ago (if so, he's still as cute as ever)? And Frida too? They all look incredibly happy!

Thanks for what you do!
Lori
Wyandotte, MI

Kimberly said...

These pictures are out of this world!! Donna, any plans to do this again in the future? I would jump at the chance to travel over from the Sacramento area to have my babies pictures taken.

Donna said...

Hey Kimberly - Lori is threatening to come back up here to the bay area. If she doesn't, we might have to kidnap her and make her live in the barn so she can be the official photographer of our BR dogs. ;-)

Lori -- Yes, those are picks of 'your' Tyson (and his girlfriend Gemma). Good eye. And Frida too. I'll have to post some of their other pix here on slow days.

And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI. We hope your boy-toy treated you like a princess on your special day.

Unknown said...

Looks like it was a delightful day full of wiggle butts, emo-tastic Pit Bull stares and a lot of happy dogs and people!

jonzak said...

slideshow rocks! indeed, must have been a fun day all around.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE Loretta. And, she's named for my mom, who died, at 90, four years ago. Thanks, guys! You always make me happy, even when I end up trying to explain to people at work why I'm crying like an idiot... : ) - Jean in Seaside

Susan Cava Ruimy said...

Oh Loretta - it's your spirit that that makes rescue so neccessary. I'll be thinking of you when I head up to the pound later to pick a dog for foster.

Anonymous said...

Wow Lorreta is so pretty! I wish she could live her with me and be my big sister but, momma says that right now our house would be to small for a big dog. I said we could live outside in our yard but mommy said that there is to many other mean dogs and that she wouldn't want Lorreta to get hurt. So now I am kinda bummed but I guess that as long as Lorreta gets to a good home it's fine.
-Hope the pup